grace
today has been a sucky day. the rain just will not stop. my kids are stir crazy. we have cable tv now...a first in the 14 years we've been married and i'm trying to figure out the boundaries and time limits for my kids. kinda hard when it's been raining nonstop for HOW MANY DAYS NOW??? my husband is camping (traditionally winter camp....this year scubadiving camp) and i am alone with my 5 tired of being inside children. SO, when the baby went down for a nap, i gave the 12 1/2 year old the monitor and said "i'm taking a nap, you're in charge". luckily, they play pretty well together and aidan does good with the little ones. when i woke up...aidan was in the kitchen getting ready to make spaghetti for dinner! i just came to get on the computer and checked the google search history and he had googled "spaghetti" recipes! is that not the cutest thing! maybe i need to show him where the jars of spag sauce are and the boxes of pasta....
all of this to say, i feel like my eldest youngin' saved me today. coming down to him thinking of dinner made my rain clouds dissipate.
p.s.....he also gave the 20 mth old a bath.

1 Comments:
Julie ... I just wanna say I like your blog. I don't read blogs much ... just not enough time. But occasionally I surf, and yours is one of the ones I like to go to. I always laugh or cry or smile ... your words touch me. Your family is dear. And you're a dear mother.
7:39 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home